Keyser, P.A. Law was founded by Christopher Keyser. Their attorneys are found in two locations in Minnesota – Minneapolis and Stillwater. They specialise in criminal defense law.
This $1000 scholarship is available to any undergraduate student enrolled in a four-year college or university program in the United States who has either been accepted into an accredited United States law school OR is currently majoring in one of the following areas:
- Criminal Justice
- Pre-Law Studies
- Political Science
- Bachelor of Individualized Studies
Applicants must write an essay between 2,000 and 3,000 words on ONE of the following topics:
- Police conduct is a divisive issue in our country. Do you think police officers should wear body cameras while on patrol? Do you think this will better serve the community? Explain your answer.
- There are millions of undocumented persons living in the United States. Should the U.S. Government grant legal status to these individuals, or deport them? Explain your answer.
- Do you think our criminal justice system is too hard on defendants? Should mandatory minimum jail sentences be higher or lower for certain offenses such as drug crimes, gun crimes, or DUIs? Explain your answer.
Applicants must email their essay as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must also submit a cover letter, separate from the essay, as a Word document with the following information:
- Applicant’s full name
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number and E-mail Address
- College or University currently attending
- Anticipated graduation date
- Current Major
Alternatively, applications can be mailed to Keyser Law, P.A. at 400 South Fourth Street, Suite 806M, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415.
The deadline is July 31st of each year.
The scholarship committee will review all applications and notify the winning recipient via email by August 31 of each year.