Leavitt Machinery is based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Over the past 15 years, LM has developed dozens of courses training people in materials handling, forklift safety and mobile equipment.
This $500 scholarship is available to students who meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled or expected to be enrolled in a degree program by September 2017
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Must be a US/Canadian resident
- Must attend school in the US or Canada
Applicants should complete the application form found in the following link.
An essay on the following topic is required:
- Write an essay about a situation in which you or someone you know has been involved where better safety procedures would have prevented an injury. Explain in detail what safety procedures you believe should have been in place to prevent the injury and how they would have prevented the injury. Your essay should not specify names of people, businesses or places.
The submission deadline is May 31st, 2017.